Friday, August 8, 2014


Newell-Fonda First Grade - Mr. Elsen

2014-2015 School Year
_______________________________________________________________________________


Who is Mr. Elsen?

Where am I from?
I was born and raised in Kenosha, Wisconsin, a bigger city with a population around 100,000 people.

Family:
My parents are Rick and Paula, who still live in Wisconsin. I have four other siblings: Jenny, Jill, Jordan, and Jaime who live in Florida, Ohio, and California. Lastly, I have six nieces and nephews.

Where did I go to school?
Growing up I had the opportunity to attend both public and private schools. I went to Jeffery Elementary from kindergarten to fifth grade, Lance Middle School from sixth to seventh grade and finally to St. Joseph Middle/ High School.

Athletics:
While attending high school, I played varsity soccer, varsity basketball, and varsity golf.

College: I attended college at Upper Iowa University in Fayette, Iowa, where I studied Elementary Education and competed on the men's golf team.

Here is a "Get to Know..." Upper Iowa Athletics article I was featured in:

http://www.upperiowaathletics.com/news/2013/4/22/MGOLF_0422130643.aspx?path=mgolf

Hobbies/ Interests:
In my free time, I enjoy various outdoor activities such as fishing, hunting, hiking, attending school sporting events/extra-curricular activities, and drawing.

Favorite Authors:
Shel Silverstein
Dr. Seuss
Bill Watterson
Eric Carle

Favorite Superheros:
Captain America
Superman





No comments:

Post a Comment

Light

We are getting ready to transition into our unit about LIGHT and SOUND! Here are a few videos to check out! Have fun learning more about lig...